Saturday, September 27, 2008

LETTER TO MY YOUNGER SELF

Dear Kate

The time has come for you to spread your wings and fly away, to create a future that no one can create for you, but yourself. When I spoke to you on the phone last weekend you had such a distinct sound in your voice-of the grown, mature young women that you have become. I know that you are excited and very thrilled to be going of to university in a few months time. During your path to a new life always remember who you are and to stay true to yourself, never let anyone tell you anything different because only you know where you are coming from and where you are going to. This is the one life advice that a first year needs to know.

The experience of first year at university can not be described in one word. I truly can not say that they is one particular incident that I remember which stands out form the rest about compromising myself, but I know that they are too many of them to forget. I had done it for friends, guys, and because of other influential things I came across, till I reached a point in my life were I changed so much that I could not recognise the person I had become to the person I really was. But through the beautiful mind that God gave me I came to realise my life purpose which is to achieve the unachievable. Nothing is as powerful as your thoughts, what ever you think of yourself will become.

Dearest Kate, I know that you will learn from my mistake and become a better person than the one I was in my first year. Appreciate and respect yourself as a person and others will do the same.

Love
Nkuli

No comments: