Friday, September 26, 2008

Life as a Rhodent...

My innocent friend Struan, My first year experience has been an absolute blast so far, filled with parties, forgotten nights and laughter. Every day is packed with work, excitement and a new adventure which could either end in complete work, partying or sleeping. You know we find it hard to plan our lives properly, when it comes to departments such as money, time, work and friends, cause that’s where I struggle and I know you will too. I know you like to party a lot and enjoy your social life, but start balancing your work with your social life now because right now I can only focus on one or the other, I’m really struggling to create a balance, and at the end of the day it starts affecting our academics. Leaving our work for the last night was alright back in the school days, but this nasty habit has followed me on and I can’t get rid of it.
We both know how much we enjoy an ice-cold draught, well, then you can imagine how often I get distracted from my studies with the Rat ‘n’ Parrot just down the road from res, at the end of the day I’m more likely to end up at the rat with an ice-cold draught in my hand than to be studying for a psychology test. So even though we have a reputation to look after, choose your friends at varsity wisely because they play a large contributing factor towards us getting a degree or not, and you know how much we need that degree. I wish that we concentrated more on serious issues in life rather than partying, because it always seems to slow us down in life. I’m not saying that I regret having a good time, I just wish that I could balance the two a bit better.

No comments: